Sunday, November 29, 2015

2016 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge


Host: Bea's Book Nook
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2016
See the announcement/sign-up post HERE

Another challenge I decided to pass up in 2015, and lived to regret it. The Finishing the Series Reading Challenge was originally hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates' Book Reviews, but is now being taken on by Bea @ Bea's Book Nook.

In the coming year, I'm hoping to read more of the books I already own; and I'd really like to finish up at least one or two of the many, many series I have going (many, many, MANY series). So this challenge is perfect for me. Another good thing: reviews, at least short ones, are a requirement -- and I have so much trouble getting reviews posted, maybe that will be the added incentive I need.

I'm being very conservative and signing up at Level 1 (Novice series reader: complete one series), and I'm not going to choose which series right away -- but it will likely be one of these:
  • The Mrs. Malory mystery series, by Hazel Holt: 21 books in series / I have 4 to read
  • The Flavia de Luce mystery series, by Alan Bradley: 7 books in series / I have 4 to read
  • The Lord Peter Wimsey mystery series, by Dorothy L. Sayers: 15 books in series / I have 9 to read
  • The Inspector Barnaby mystery series, by Caroline Graham: 7 books in series / I have 4 to read
During the year, I'll be tracking my progress and keeping my list of books read, over on my challenge blog (HERE).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.